Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The first rule of Pony Club

...is we don't talk about Pony Club... After my forlorn post about missing Veronica, I took a good friend's advice and called our trainer. I didn't ask about visiting - I simply said I wanted to connect to some part of her life and called to say hi. I think this approach helped the cause because an hour later Mike called to say he had come up with a scheme for his clients to see their horses. The land behind the barn is part of the Greenbelt public conservation land, and open to anyone. If he happened to be riding Veronica out there at the same time I happened to be walking through the field... you get the gist. It is something! I will probably "happen" to have a pocket full of peppermints, too...

It turns out one of their stall muckers has COVID (he's okay so far) - I think it has spooked the owners and they can't risk having people come out. I get it.

Today I am painting a portrait of a beautiful mare, Maggie. She was magnificent and much loved by a wonderful family. She had a tragic accident - she lept into the air and broke her leg when she landed. The heartbreak for this family has been profound. I am so honored to be creating a vision of Maggie and their love for her. I am shedding some tears, but I hope the sadness will fuel the beauty of the work.



Maggie and Taylor

1 comment:

  1. I've had such a busy week and haven't been able to get on here as much - but I will be SO happy for you if you get to see your girl!

    ReplyDelete

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...