Tuesday, March 17, 2020

11.5 Day Challenge

Apparently, the incubation period for COVID-19 is 4 - 11.5 days. 11.5? The half on the eleventh day is throwing me for a loop. Like is there is a time-release capsule ready to explode after you made it 11 days without symptoms? 

I don't know about you, but I'm on day four of quarantine with no symptoms. That leaves 7.5 days to go before I can feel secure I don't have it. Soooo, that brings me to the challenge. I am attempting to paint something 24" by 36" - larger than anything else I have done. I usually paint for 3-4 hours with something finished at the end of it. This is to teach me to be patient, methodical, careful, and enjoy each brushstroke. Today I learned every flower on my canvas needs the care of an individual painting - tomorrow I need to refine what I have so far. I have put it away for the night to return to it tomorrow. The afternoon passed without anxiety - I put on dreamy Mazzy Star and painted poppies. 

Whoever wants to join my challenge - maybe tackle something you never have time for or feel daunted by. What are 11.5 days in the grand scheme? Hopefully, I will have a pretty canvas to brighten my construction zone kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...