Friday, April 3, 2020

I've been commissioned

Today was kind of hard. I finished the website for Sue and don't have another work project right now. The weather was dreadful, so it was an indoor day. I ended up painting the crow and forsythia painting below and working on a short story entitled "The Yellow Cat". It's about a cat that befriended my horse, Veronica when she was in trouble, and I didn't know it. It is a story I have wanted to write for a long time and now I finally feel like I can try to do it justice.

I laid down for a rest and felt kind of low and worried. A woman who died of the virus on Monday turned out to be the mother of someone I know. Sad and scary. I woke up to see a text message from a woman I know from a barn in Maine - she said that she really loves the painting I did of Veronica and asked if I would do a painting of her daughter's horse and offered to pay for the work. Me getting paid for a painting? Oh wow! I feel a little weird about accepting money, but I agreed to make a painting and if she likes it we can talk about a small price for it. She said "your work is whimsical & wonderful. I will pay you what you want for it".

Money is one thing, but the encouragement and appreciation for my expression is everything. Whimsical & wonderful - I can work with that. My brain is going like a wheel thinking about how to approach this work! A much nicer way to have your brain working than worrying.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...