Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Humbled


I loved this post - and the feeling of being humbled - enough so that I saved it to re-read several more times. 

I have a neighbor who is incredibly mindful, who I regularly converse with on any number of things, especially energy work.  Last night he had sent a message checking in, especially in regards to the current state of the world.  He stated how it was sobering times - and I actually responded with the word humbled, and forwarded him the above writing.

He is a far better writer than I am - and his words filled me with hope, so I am going to share (some of) them:

"Humbled is a good word.  I see it as a really good opportunity for us, as individuals, and collectively, to assess how our current society meets (or fails to meet) our needs....We, the People, will have a chance on the other side of this, to make our society into something better, a society based in compassion rather than economic concerns, a society which is gentler to Mother Earth.  I think even though this may be a really difficult period to get through, that there's something beautiful waiting on the other side."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...