Friday, March 27, 2020

Last night I wept

Yesterday was a perfectly fine day. Bright sunshine, budding plants, a day spent building the web portfolio for my old band, UV Protection for Sue's website - visiting that special time through her photos and videos. I went for a nice walk in the afternoon sunshine and came home and worked on my four-foot poppy painting. 

As I was preparing dinner, I leaned on the counter and wept like I haven't done for a long time. So many emotions welled up and came out. I wept for the stories I have read of people in the throes of COVID fighting for their lives, for the report that there are refrigerated trucks parked outside NY hospitals for the overflow of dead bodies (that one really got me). I felt grief for people dying alone, for the uncertainty of how close this will come to my loved ones and myself. What if I never get to see Veronica again? I cried for things already gone from my life and the regrets I feel.


In starting this blog I was hoping to have a place for my friends to share what they are doing and thinking in these times. I mostly try to find inspiration and gratitude, and be humble (thank you, Andi). I cracked last night with the positivity, but today gives us another try at simply enjoying this day we have the privilege to be alive and have our health. 

Please be well and do without instead of getting the thing you desire from the grocery store. Strawberry jam is just as yummy on pancakes as maple syrup is.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...