Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Power of Oats

I made old-fashion Oatmeal today - not the instant kind, but the kind that needs constant tending (trust me), or you will have a bit of a mess on your hands. This reminded me of my grandmother preparing pots of oats for us with brown sugar! We don't have brown sugar, so I put a dollop of strawberry preserves in my bowl, yum. Simon used honey.

My bowl of oats transported me to another time when I lived in Colorado and climbed a mountain almost every weekend. One particularly fond memory was a weekend some friends and I climbed Longs Peak, a 14,259-foot peak. We started before sunrise and cooked oatmeal over an open flame with apricots. That bowl got us up and down the mountain before the legendary afternoon storms struck. As we were getting back to the campsite a massive storm hit. The day had been sunny and gorgeous, so I didn't quite believe the hype, but I do now.



Today my bowl of oats will power us to complete the reorganization of our studios. Yesterday I sorted through 1200 cubic yards of clothing - how it all fits in our 853 sq foot house I cannot explain! Gah - I am committed to purging all extra things we have no use for anymore. Backbreaking, but I am super psyched to have a beautiful space to work in.

Last night Simon fell asleep at 7pm - I fretted all night he was coming down with the virus, but he woke up (early) and was sunny and bright, no symptoms.

Day 9 no symptoms. Be well, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...