Thursday, May 14, 2020

It's how you frame it

I have always been drawn to frames. A trip to the museum is as much to gaze at those massive, gorgeous carved frames as the masterpieces they cradle. Framing is an art form. It can transform a mediocre piece into something special. 

Today is Mike's birthday (Veronica's trainer/caregiver). I made a painting of his favorite horse, Charlie. His fondness for Charlie is just one of the reasons I respect and adore Mike. Charlie is an older Fleabitten Grey (white horse with grey speckles) - I'm not sure his actual breeding, but he isn't the fanciest horse Mike has. Mike found him for one of the owners of New Meadow Farm. She is extremely wealthy and could have a string of $100K horses, but instead, she rides Charlie, who is sweet, calm, been fox hunting, hacking, eventing - you name it. He is a little crooked and pretty lazy, but a helicopter could land next to him and he wouldn't care. He takes care of his riders with love and a kind eye. Interestingly enough, Simon (who knows nothing about horses) instantly gravitated to Charlie. He's that cool.

With my slender skills, I made this painting of dear Charlie and in the frame it is just the gift I want to give Mike. With all of the turmoil and change in my life in the past year and today's uncertainty about my future, Mike always has the same response when I fret about having Veronica with him "it's all going to be fine, you don't have to worry about a thing.". What an amazing gift - many barns would not have kept us with such uncertainty. When he didn't know I was in the barn one time I heard him call Veronica "sweetheart". He will always have my loyalty and friendship, no matter where we are. 

Happy Birthday, Mike!



Mike and Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...