Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Turning your orbit around

"We're not doing feelings today..." That's a funny thing Simon says when I'm emotional - it usually makes me laugh and lightens me up. But, feelings come as they will, and today I have them. 

Since I wrote the above paragraph a few things happened to turn my orbit around. I got a nice message from someone I didn't expect to hear from and my good friend shared how she and her kids are feeding bugs raspberry nectar. She reminded me how caring for something pushes back the darkness. The lesson for the day.

I deleted my original post and will share this story instead. Yesterday, I got to visit Veronica. It has been hard to really connect with her because while I'm with her grazing, she is completely obsessed with the grass. Understandable! Grazing on grass is a horse's prime goal in life. When Mike led Veronica out of the barn to bring her to the ring (he rode her) she stopped in front of me and planted all four legs and wouldn't move past me. She wanted to hang out with me. After being parted for so long, this moment felt like a sign that our bond will survive anything. It was annoying for Mike but amazing for me. It was a gift. The last visit Simon told me she kept turning around to look at me, but I didn't see it - this time I saw our love and friendship plain as can be.

I ordered a new salt lick for her - it came and Mike hung it in her stall, as we are not allowed in the barn right now. V loves her salt lick! It's like a pony lollypop.

Enjoy! If you need an orbital pivot, reach out 💛



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescue me

Facebook is full of people and organizations reaching out for support for many endeavors, animal rescue is one of these endeavors. Every pos...